WhatIWore: I never thought I’d be one for polka dotted nails, but after seeing the Deborah Lippman nails for the Kate Spade New York Fall 2012 presentation, I knew I had to try them for my own.
Initially I was going to go for a navy base and just white dots, but a multi colored polka dot piece of fabric inspired me to try multiple colors. So here’s how I did this manicure.
1. Start with a navy base (two coats of No Limits from Nicole by OPI).
2. Next I went color by color to add tiny dots. I used the wide end of a toothpick (a clean stick for each color). Instead of going straight from the bottle to my nails, I removed excess paint by dabbing it onto a scratch piece of paper.
3. After letting the dots try, I used Sally Hansen No Chip Top Coat.
- Light Blue: Baracuda by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (also from last week)
- Medium Blue: Coat Azure by Essie (again, used last week)
- Hot Pink: Mod Squad by Essie
- White: Snow Me White by Sinful Colors Professional
- Red: Macks by Essie (layered over white)
PS: I entered this mani into the Chalkboard Nails Dotting Tool Contest. There’s nearly 100 ideas for polka nails there… check it out!