WhatIWore: You say Mad Men, I think
of the theme song Fashion. With a capital F. If you know me, then you know that I’m obsessed with the silhouettes and clothing of the early 1960s. Although I prefer it to be actual vintage, I love that a main stream brand like Banana Republic has partnered with Janie Bryant (Mad Men’s costume designer) to make those retro silhouettes available to the masses. So… in the name of play shopping, let’s get started!!
- I can’t decide if I like the warmer or cooler colorway better, but you can bet I’d be wearing this cardigan once a week
- Leopard is a neutral, baby!
- Love anything that’s intentionally a bracelet length (my long arms make almost every sleeve look short!)
- The back view is as pretty as the front
- While I don’t love Betty’s character, I do love her costumes.
- Leopard! Sign me up!
- I love the pretty waistline pleating and the beautiful dark blue print
- Wear it now with bare legs and nude heels, wear it this winter with black tights and ankle booties. Maybe even rough it up with a black leather jacket?
Our total = $464.00. I just wonder what the deflated, 1963 cost would be?
(all images courtesy of BananaRepublic.com)