WhatIWore: Got an old pair of sneakers laying around? Maybe some old Keds, Converse or Toms that need a new life? Here’s a super easy DIY project that only requires canvas sneakers, fabric paint and a pencil (about an hour of your time!) Click through to get started!
1. You’ll be using your pencil eraser as a stamp. Start by dipping it lightly into your fabric paint and dabbing off excess.
2. Begin stamping at the back of your sneaker. It might take a few dots to get the hang of the amount of pressure and paint to use. Go easy at first! It’s easier to add more paint later.
3. For each section of the shoe, I did a center dot first and then did an alternating pattern. You can do your dots at random, or even use a ruler and a bit of chalk to pre-mark your design.
4. After your first coat is down, let it dry and then go back and touch up (if you want to!) I used a combination of the erase and a fine tipped paint brush.
5. Once your shoes are dry, you’re good to go!
You can use any dotting tool to make these shoes! For small dots, try using the ball head of a straight pin or for really big dots, a the cork from a wine bottle. Or a combination!!